Friday, September 12, 2008

This is a picture of Brendan and I in Hawaii at the Polynesian Cultural Center. We spent all day there - I made everybody play tourist with me and attend a luau, which everybody HATED except for me. I have fun anywhere when it's different. Looking at these pictures now is hard, because I thought we were going to last. But - at least we will have memories. I KNOW for a fact that I touched Brendans life, as he touched mine. We will always be in each others lives, it's just the way it's going to be. What we had was real - even if it ended super shitty. As I write he's traveling across the US with that Allison NYC. But I can smile, because I know what she is to him....he told me. She will never get the part of him that I got to have for 3 years - plus I know him like nobody else does. That's what love is right? Anyway, its a shame I didnt post while we were still together - but this is healing for me to post now....

This was in Hawaii....Brendan and I were going out on a date to sushi together. I got this amazing dress at Ms. Sixty ...it was a splurge - but man did I look great in it ;) I am looking forward to meeting new men and dating sometime soon. I can't remember the last time I dated. Truth be told, its a little exciting to me, but also scary. For now I am healing my heart, spending quailty time with my completely amazing children, and reconnecting with all my friends that I lost while being in relationship. I tell you, that is the best that has come from this situation for me. My friends have all rallied around my side and I have been busy every second of every day. Last night my running partner turned lawyer came for dinner and we stayed up talking, laughing and having the best time until way past my bed time. Then I got a series of the sweetest messages from a new amazing man, which caused me to fall asleep with a smile on my face. I've been invited out for coffee dates, and running dates, and movie dates....my schedule packed. Before I always wanted to hang with B so I never asked friends out....now it's so much fun. Plus it gets my mind of of my hurt. I'll post pics of my kiddos too.

No comments: