Sunday, November 02, 2008

A song that speaks to me PERFECTLY...

He broke....my heart
and now it's raining....just don't rub it in
I'm at your door
I feel so crazy 'bout it

You say I told you so
You saw it long ago
You knew he had to go
I finally came around
I'm back on solid ground
Can't let it get me down

It's alright.....it's alright
It's alright
It's alright...it's alright
It's alright

Yes, I was burned
but I called it a lesson learned
Mistake overturned
soI call it a lesson learned
My soul has returned
soI call it a lesson learned
Another lesson learned

Sometimes some lies
Can take a minute
to fully realize
His tears your heart
30 seconds to apologize

You'll give him one more chance
just like the time before
but he already knows
you'd give a hundred more
Til that night in bed
you wake up in a sweat
you're racing toward the door
Can't take it any more

I was burned
but I called it lesson learned
Mistake overturned
and I call it a lesson learned
My soul has returned
so I call it a lesson learned

Life perfect aint perfect if you don't know
what the struggles for
falling down aint falling down
if you don't cry when you hit the floor
It's called the past
and I'm getting past
and I aint nothing like I was before

You ought to see me now....

Yes, I was burned
but I call is lesson learned......
Mistake overturned
and I call it lesson learned
Another lesson learned.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It takes a while to heal, huh? Even when you know that you're on the right track. BIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGG HUG!!!

Tia Vivi said...

I've got a new song for you ... Nina Simone's "Feelin' Good"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVw0Mb8XR9M

Luv Ya - V

Birds flyin' high you know how I feel
Sun in the sky you know how I feel
Breeze driftin' on by you know how I feel
Its a new dawn, its a new day, its a new life for me
yeah, its a new dawn its a new day its a new life for me ooooooooh
AND I'M FEELING GOOD

Fish in the sea, you know how I feel
River runnin' free you know how I feel
Blossom on the tree you know how I feel
Its a new dawn, its a new day, its a new life for me
And I'm feelin good

Dragonfly out in the sun you know what i mean dont you know
Butterflies all havin' fun you know what I mean
Sleepin' peace when day is done that's what I mean
And this old world is a new world and a bold world for me

Stars when you shine you know how I feel
Scent of the crime you know how I feel
Your freedom is mine, and I know how I feel
Its a new dawn, its a new day, its a new life for me
(Free styling)
OH I'M FEELING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD