Thursday, July 02, 2009

My Favorite Spot in the World

The track! Its a love affair I've had for years that went astray for a few years. I have started to hit the track again 3 times a week or more if my schedule permits and I cannot tell you how it makes me feel. If I am having a rough day, or feeling anything other than relaxed after I put my track shoes on, kneel down and touch the track everything goes away. Most people do not understand that feeling - only my dear client and best friend Chris understands what that feels like......If I miss a lift at the gym, or don't hit a workout hard enough or aren't satisfied with my performance I know that if I go to the track I will crush it and I will feel better. It is in my blood, and it's something I can do that most people cannot or dont want to do.



Tonight:

1 mile (4 laps) warm up jog
stretch
2 laps stride straights, jog turns

2x 200 meters at 5k race pace followed by 200 jog
2x 800 at 10k race pace followed by 400 jog
2x 200 at 5k race pace followed by 200 jog
*1 lap jog after each 800

4 laps cool down jog and stretch
TOTAL 5 1/4 miles


Last night:

1 mile warm up jog
stretch
2 laps stride straights jog turns

1200 meters at 10k race pace
800 meters 10 seconds faster mile pace
400 meters 10 seconds faster
with 400 jog straights/walk turns between each repeat.

REPEAT set from 800 meter

4 laps cool down jog and stretch

TOTAL 5 3/4 miles

No comments: