Friday, April 25, 2008

gettin deep in the dip!!

Okay so I am a little out of order here - but I wanted to catch up with my posts. I have been training hard and lifting heavy in the hopes to build some strength on this little frame of mine. If you read the post before this one you'll see that I PR'd on my 5 rep deadlift, my 3 rep shoulder press, and my 5 rep back squat this week. It's been a great week for me!! I believe that getting enough sleep (which I am lucky to do), eating healthy in the Zone, taking the right supplements, having the right programming and happiness in your life can move mountains in your training. I am really hard on myself as far as what I think I should be able to do and I am competitive sometimes to a fault. If I don't do what I had my mind set on it throws me off the whole day. Brendan is exactly like that but he never lets himself down! He's a machine...and I love it!

So....here's last weeks workouts:

Monday 4-14:
am: GHD sit ups, hip extensions, ab mat sit ups 3x15 reps
kb swings, bench press at 65#, pull ups 3x15
strength recoveryt workout

Tuesday 4-15:
am: Xfit WOD
40 pullups, 40 dips, 400 meter run
30 pullups, 30 dips, 400 meter run
20 pullups, 20 dips, 400 meter run
10 pullups, 10 dips, 400 meter run

pm: 8x200 meters 38-40 sec
39, 38, 37, 38, 36, 38, 38, 40

Wednesday 4-16:
am: 15-12-9-6-3
sumo deadlift high pull at 68#
push jerk at 68#
TIME: 9:54

Thursday 4-17:
am: Xfit WOD
25 situps, 250 meter row, 15 bench press at 65# How many rounds in 20 minutes ?
I did 6 rounds
pm: I ran 1 hour with a client at her pace...

Friday 4-18:
am: Xfit WOD
7 thrusters at 73#
7 pullups
x3
800 meter run
5 thrusters
5 pullups
x3
800 meter run
3 thrusters
3 pullups
x3
800 meter run
TIME: 20:10

Back squat 3-3-3-3-3
125-135-135-140-145 NEW PR!!

pm: Tabata Treadmill

Saturday 4-19:
OFF!
Sunday 4-20:
am: 10k jog recovery
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! I've read your blog and have been inspired to step up my own training. You are a beautiful person and God's love is shining on you.

I hope to make it out to Cali for my Level II and meet you . I have two kids myself, so it's motivating to see your accomplishments.

Congrats on the PRs!

Anonymous said...

Great work Shari! Keep it up Super girl!

Shari Baby said...

pili,
you are so sweet...thank you for the comment. Yes, God is shining on me.....and it feels wonderful :) Can't wait to meet you - come on out and we'll workout together .....take care

Shari Baby said...

Kim,
I'm just trying to catch up to you and Rachael....geesh....

Laurie said...

Shari,
Okay, I found my new favorite torture. . . tabata treadmill. I tried your 9mph, almost fell off the back, had to back down to 8mph for half and 7.5 for the second half and then spend 20 minutes trying to swallow my heart back down into my chest!! I have committed to this twice weekly!

Yesterday I did Diane in the morning and then your AMRAP 20 min. 25 sit ups/250 row and 15 bench presses 65# in the evening. . . I only got 5 rounds +5 sit ups! You are amazing. . . I found what I can use to push me when I am alone. . . YOU!! :)

GB said...

Shari, I want to be like you when I grow up! Shnikeys you are a fit woman. Someday I'll get there... *ho hum* ;)

Shari Baby said...

gb,
Last time i looked you were fit as f@*k! Your run times are super speedy!!! Keep up the CrossFit girl...you're on your way!

Tsypkin said...

Shaaaaari! I'm coming home! And starting CrossFit Monterey!

mrsmommyb said...

hey shari-

i'm not familiar with the geography of SC but i've been keeping up with the fires. hope all is well. =]

sakura

Anonymous said...

Shari,

I hope you and your family are safe from the fires. Please let us know!

Pili