Sunday, August 30, 2009

More pictures from the competition...




Karen, my coach through the whole ordeal, gave me a disk with these pics. I totally forgot that I took some pictures with my father. He was crying he was so proud of me. Which I find to be slightly hilarious because I have accomplished many things in my life and overcome some hard situations, but I've never heard him say he's proud of me like he did after I pranced around on stage in a bikini. Maybe it was because he's getting older and more emotional. Or maybe it was him realizing everything in my life that tried to keep me down, and as he saw me up there it all hit him. Maybe him saying "I'm proud of you." was a collective statement from everything that I have done. Hmm....I believe that was it. All I know is his words meant the world to me. Thanks dad!

2 comments:

GB said...

That's so great about your dad. Maybe he saw your true, confident, happy self shining through while you were on that stage, in a way he'd never seen before, and that's what made him beam with pride!

Unknown said...

Great pictures. How have the workouts been post competition? Did the strength gains you mention in a previous post continue?