Sunday, August 02, 2009

My New Adventure Has Begun...

I have a new client, Karen, who competes in figure competitions. She is truly amazing and when she's show ready, she looks like an anatomy book! Every muscle is defined, her waist is teeny tiny, her legs are dynamic....she looks incredible! Last week out of the blue I was asked to compete in a figure competition myself....at first I said "No way! " But then Karen coaxed me into doing it, more on the bikini side than the figure side and she said she'd coach me through to the competition. I have 2 weeks to get show ready, so everything I have learned about eating for performance has gone out the window. I am now eating to shrink down fat, pop those muscles out, and basically starve!! :) I do NOT recommend doing this to anybody - its HARD and I swear I dont know how Karen does it over and over again. I will be blogging about my experience for the next 2 weeks, along with pictures so everybody can follow me on this crazy goal of mine. Karen took bikini photos of me on Thursday and sent them to her coach for advice on what I need to do to better my physique. The coach came back with "her waist and legs need to come down. She has abs which is great, needs to train more shoulders." WOW!! Umm, I weigh maybe at the heaviest part of the day 107 and I wear a size 0...smaller?!! REALLY!!?? So, over the next 2 weeks that is my goal - shrink the waist, tighten the legs up (I have the CrossFit thighs and ass - which I love...and don't want to loose) and get my muscles tp pop.

Heres the diet Karen has me on. Please dont e mail me with how bad this is, or how off balance it is. I already know that. Again, this is for a short time, 2 weeks, and its with a goal in mind.

Saturday: weight 107#

Meal1-2 hardboiled eggs, 1 cup strawberries, half cup blueberries
(this meal was before I had what Karen wanted me to eat...)

XFIT & RUN WALK 50 MINUTES

Meal 2- 1/3 cup steel cut oats, 4 ounces salmon

Meal 3- 2.5 ounces sweet potatoe, 4 ounces deli turkey

Meal 4- 4 ounces turkey breast, 1/2 cup spinach

Meal 5- 4 ounces salmon, 1/2 cup spinach

Meal 6- 4 ounces turkey breast, 1/2 cup spinach


SUNDAY weight 105#

Meal 1- 1/3 cup steel cut oats, 4 ounces chicken breast. multi vitamin, vit B, vit c, Omegas

Meal 2- 2.5 ounces sweet potato, 4 ounces chicken breast, vitamins

Meal 3- 1 cup spinach, 4 ounces turkey breast

RUN WALK 50 MINUTES (take fat burner before, run on empty stomach)

Meal 4- 4 ounces white fish

Meal 5- 4 ounces white fish, 1 cup asparagus

Meal 6- 4 ounces white fish , vitamins.

Its HARD to eat zero carbs pretty much, and ZERO FAT!!! Im on day 2 and keeping strong though.....Wish me luck! Ill post the pics...I lost 2 pounds opvernight and Im worried that Im going to weigh 100 pounds by the time 2 weeks is up!! Karen assurs me that wont happen. Especially with the extra protein Im taking in. She know what shes doing , so I choose to trust her. I gag down the fish though - fuckin GROSS-

7 comments:

GB said...

Okay, I'm LOL but WITH you !!! I remember leaving a message on your blog well over a year ago suggesting you and your ex get into figure competitions like this. I'm so glad you're doing it and can't wait to read about your new adenture!

I want to share some info with you about a very talented runner who also competes in figure competitions. I'll email you.

Unknown said...

You go girl!

Unknown said...

Wow Shari, about 20B protein and 3B of carbs and 0 fat! Good luck, I'd imagine that Crossfit is going to get very tough in the next two weeks. How many blocks do you usually run on? Great blog by the way, been following for awhile now. Thanks, Mark.

KatieGirlBlue said...

HA! I love the Crossfit booty, too! Oh my, that diet. I feel for you.

You can do it!

Anonymous said...

Wow a figure competition, thats so awesome! I know you are gonna do great! Just wanted to drop in and tell you good luck!!!

BP said...

crazy...

its something different, something new...Just another thing to add to the "i have done" list =)
Good Luck with the comp!!!!

Shari Baby said...

Mark, thank you for your support. I usuallyeat 10 - 12 blocks a day depending on activity levels. If its a double day then the higher blocks. Yes, this is tough!! No cheat days.....everything I see turns into pancakes, or cocoa pebbles before my eyes.... :( after the 15th I can eat them!