Thursday, January 31, 2008

Spirit of the Marathon Movie Night

This is me and my running partner Emily at the Spirit of the Marathon movie. man talk about inspiring!! We had some great laughs and remembered our marathon experience together....I walked away from that movie excited to start up racing again.....to get healthy, injury free and to train hard to reach my goals. I knew the Endurance & Running Certification in Newport Beach was the following weekend and perfect timing. I can't wait to see what's in store for me in Newport !! I have a special bond with Emily. We met at 24 hour Fitness in like the year 2000 I think ? I was getting ready to run the 199 mile Providian Relay with my team and needed another runner. Emily looked like she was a runner and so I walked up to her and asked her if she wanted to race with my team - the rest is history! No matter how much time goes by until we see eachother - it's always as though time stood still and we start up where we left off. That's what a real friend is. She is now a lawyer - and we plan to start up our runs together again :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought that Spirit of the Marathon was a big inspiration too, a must see for all athletes out there! everyone will have a chance to see the film with an encore showing on Feb. 21, 2008. Check out the link to see if its playing near you and buy tickets. Enjoy!
http://www.fathomevents.com/details.aspx?eventid=694&utm_source=BuzzTone&utm_medium=BuzzTone_posting&utm_campaign=Spirit_of_the_Marathon_Encore/